Monday, January 01, 2007

Euthanasiā: eu-, good + thanatos, death

This country always makes me wonder. In Italy we let the law regulate what should be part of those things dealt just by our consciences.
What a good death means is something really personal, something that touches our ethics, so everyone can have a totally different idea on it.
As far as an idea does not invade someone else’s way of seeing things it deserves respect.

What I find unbearable is a majority who imposes moral laws upon different minorities.
How can a law regulate my relation with death? But where catholic moral goes deep inside nothing is impossible.
So it comes alone that our politicians, weak and weakened by the Church’s interference, raise the right to put out of the law my right to cease to suffer in case of incurable disease that is a thing that should concerns just me, my conscience and the people I love or me and god, if I had faith.


Oooo but they are so good, they won’t let me waste this gift of god, our life, irrespective of the fact that they deal even with people who think differently and believe one should have the possibility to choose.
They want us to gain heaven but I raise the right to go hell, if there was one, or just stop suffering if there wasn’t.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ciao
non so chi scrive i post fra te e Arianna, ma non sarei capace di scrivere cosi'bene in Inglese.
Era giusto per fare i complimenti. ci vogliono nella vita ogni tanto, lo so che ne ricevete gia'tanti, no?eh, oh, eh! capito?!?!?!?eh, oh...

11:41 AM  
Blogger Stefano said...

primo, ma va cagare.
secondo, mmm un po per uno ma ari' ha un poco lasciato per ora.
terzo, come' tornare in olanda?

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home